0844 324 8440
Comments : 0
You can promote your business using the Search Engines in two ways:
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – to improve your ranking in the natural search results (shown with a green border below)
- Search Engine Advertising – to advertise your products / services around the natural search results (shown with a red border below).
The image below of a typical Google search engine results page shows how the page is made up of both search engine adverts (the Google Adverts in red) and the natural search listings (shown in green).
Search Engine Advertising (also known as Pay-per-click Advertising)
In addition to the normal search results, search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing also include adverts on their search results pages. These provide an opportunity for businesses to advertise their products / services next to the natural search results when a chosen search terms is used. Search engine advertising, or pay-per-click advertising, as it is commonly known, is a very effective form of targeted advertising for small businesses, because you only pay when someone actually clicks on the advert (hence the name “pay per click”).
These text adverts are normally positioned at the top or on the right hand side of the search engine results pages (see the areas highlighted in red above) and are usually denoted by the words “ads” or “sponsored links”. Google’s version of pay-per-click advertising is known as ‘Google AdWords’.
Why should you use Pay-per-click Advertising?
- It’s highly targeted – people search using specific keyword searches so you know they are interested in your products or services.
- You have a captive audience – people searching are actively looking for your products and services.
- High commercial intent – people are generally further along the purchase decision process when they perform specific searches and are therefore more likely to show commercial intent (i.e. are ready to buy).
A Word of Warning…
As an advertising medium pay-per-click advertising platforms like Google AdWords are one of the best, and most cost effective ways to target your potential customers. With the right strategy and some effective advert / landing page combinations you can easily attract new customers to your website. However, many small business owners have tried to setup and manage their pay-per-click advertising accounts themselves, often resulting in high click costs and lacklustre results, borne out of a lack of understanding and appreciation of the complexity of these systems.
Having seen this situation happen time and time again, we started offering a pay-per-click advertising management service to our clients. For a fixed monthly fee (depending on your advertising budget) we can ensure you get the very best return on your search engine advertising investment.
What’s Included In Our Service?
1. Initial Setup
Our professionals can help you get the absolute best out of this marketing channel, by setting up your account correctly right from the start to ensure maximum results for your advertising budget. This includes:
- Account structure – Campaign and specific focused ‘themed’ Ad Groups
- Keyword research for each campaign / ad group.
- Write 2 highly focused text ads for every ad group
- Setup specific ‘themed’ landing page for each ad group
- Setup of conversion tracking and Google analytics to monitor return on investment.
2. Monthly management
We also manage your campaigns for you on a monthly basis including:
- Monitoring of click through rates and conversion rates with a view to continuously improving return on investment.
- Continuous split testing of 2 adverts for each ad group (based on CTR and conversion rate)
- Testing of ad group landing pages to improve conversion rates (key to adwords success)
- Monthly search term report to identify negative keywords to exclude from ad groups to improve click through and conversion rates.
- New keyword / ad group opportunities identified through the search term logs and ad groups, adverts and landing pages created for each new opportunity.
- Comprehensive monthly report detailing metrics such as:
- Click through rates (CTR)
- Conversion rates
- Cost per conversion
Our charges for the Pay per Click advertising service depend on the number of campaigns and ad groups you require us to setup and manage.
To find out more about our pay-per-click advertising service please call us on 0844 324 8440 or complete the enquiry form opposite to book a free consultation with one of our experts.