0844 324 8440
What is Search Engine Optimisation?
Search Engine Optimisation or SEO is the method used to help your website to appear in the search results when your potential or existing customers enter searches that are relevant to your products and services.
When they enter a search term into Google or any of the major search engines, the engine will use a complicated formula, known as an algorithm, to ensure that the most relevant results are always shown.
How Can SEO help your Business?
Nearly 90% of all Internet searches in the UK are made on Google and with well over 1 Billion Internet users worldwide, a position on page 1 of Google could be the making of your business. An effectively run SEO campaign provides:
- Free traffic – Other than the monthly fee to your SEO agency, traffic brought to your site through SEO is effectively free. Unlike other forms of online marketing, as your traffic increases you don’t pay any more.
- Superb ROI – Due to the effectively free traffic your return on investment can be fantastic!
- Brand Awareness/Recognition – Having your website on page 1 of Google increases your companies brand visibility.
- Higher Sales – Increased online visibility for your site will ultimately result in an increase in sales for your business.
How a Panda and a Penguin changed the SEO Industry
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) used to be a secretive industry with some SEO agencies doing their best to scam and trick Google into getting your website into that all important page one position. Then along came a Panda and a Penguin! The Panda and Penguin updates to Google’s algorithm began to penalise sites for having poor quality content and using unethical, spam-like tactics to boost their search engine performance. Many websites who had been using these practices vanished without trace along with many of the SEO agencies that had been working for them.
The future, as we see it, is not about ‘gaming’ the system for short-term benefit; it’s about creating compelling, valuable content and promoting it to your target market within the guidelines that Google and the other search engines set.
Why are we different?
At Brand Box we believe in real marketing rather than ‘smoke and mirrors’. Our proven, ethical approach will be as transparent to you as it is to Google. Instead of trying to trick you onto page 1 of Google we will use genuine, effective marketing techniques that will not only boost your performance in the major search engines but will also make your website a more compelling place to visit for your customers. Our methods will always fit within Google guidelines, ensuring that your website will be ‘future proofed’ against any other changes to Google’s search engine algorithm.
In addition to this our team have over 10 years experience in online marketing with a proven track record across many industry sectors.
Why Doesn’t Everybody Do SEO?
- It’s difficult – If it were easy everyone would be doing it! You need a great deal of industry experience and expertise in order to help influence the hundreds of factors involved in the optimisation of your website
- It’s time consuming – This isn’t something you can do on a part time basis. SEO takes time and you can’t do it once and then forget about it – like other marketing it’s a continuous process!
- It’s not Guaranteed – Despite what some SEO agencies claim, due to ever-changing search engine algorithms and the work of your competitors, a number 1 position in Google is unfortunately never guaranteed. Don’t be fooled into the clever marketing of some SEO companies, if it sounds too good to be true, then avoid them! Your website will end up banned from Google, never to surface again!
What Do I Do Now?
Interested? Then contact us for an informal chat. Alternatively complete our free
website Health Check form above and we can provide you with some key recommendations on how your website can be improved to provide more leads and sales for your business!